Gap Year Programme
Our Gap Year Programme offers young adults the opportunity to grow as individuals while having fun and serving at Wortelgat. Our main goal is the development of young individuals into tomorrow’s leaders. It is an exhilarating and extreme programme which offers them the opportunity to discover and develop their leadership potential.
We also prepare young minds for the challenges of adult life by facilitating leadership development, spiritual growth, improvement of physical fitness and self-awareness. It is a programme filled with vision, purpose, adventure and challenges – a once in a lifetime opportunity.
What makes us different from other camping venues in South Africa?
- We invest into your life
- We are passionate about everything that we do
- We realise that this is more than just a “job” it’s about people and relationships – it’s about being a family
What do we offer?
- Training – we are committed to ensuring that our staff are competent and trained
- Basic Wilderness First Aid Level 2
- MDT (SA Mountaineering Development & Training Trust) Top Rope Supervisor
- MDT Abseil Supervisor Level 1 (Venture Forth)
- MDT Basic Mountain Walking Leader (Venture Forth)
- Fire Prevention & Protection and Health and Safety Training (Wild Medix & Venture Forth)
- Basic Veldfire Training
- Generic Adventure Guide Training (Venture Forth)
- APA (African Paddle Association) Flatwater Guide Course
- Facilitation Training
- Venture Forth
- Playing Mantis
- Extreme Life Adventure Based Learning Level 2
- General Water Safety
- Risk Management
- Crisis Management
- Safety Policies & Procedures
- Unique location situated on the banks of the Klein River Estuary
- Adventure & Fun
- Life Skills
- Spiritual input and leadership
- Basic monthly stipend/income
- Assistance with obtaining learners and drivers licences
- Studying via correspondence
- Limited financial assistance and help with selection and enrolment of preferred areas of study (eg – UNISA, BMT College, SATS and Hebron)
Want to find out more or how to become involved?
- Download the attached application form and general information pack and return by fax, email or post
- Attend one of our “Emerging Facilitators” Camps
- Follow us on Facebook & Twitter to find out about upcoming dates
Gap Year Programme Gallery
It is an exhilarating and extreme programme which offers you the opportunity to discover and develop your leadership potential.